COVID -19 Vaccines 101
COVID-19 Vaccine 101
This activity is intended for Community Health Workers
Statement of Need
- Stay current on health issues affecting clients and know where to find answers to difficult questions.
- Understand basic principles of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Listen actively, communicate with empathy and gather information in a respectful manner.
- Give information to clients and groups in a clear and concise way.
This activity is State Certified for 2.0 credits for community health workers.CHW Competencies covered
- Knowledge Base - 1.0 hour
- Communication - 1.0 hour
Assistant Professor, Department of Lifestyle Health Sciences
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, School of Health Professions
Clinical Executive for Health Literacy, SaferCare Texas
Fellow and Project Director, Texas Center for Health Disparities
Jason Rosenfeld, DrPH, MPH
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Assistant Director for Global Health
UT Health San Antonio
Denise Hernandez, PhD, MPH, CHWI
All information contained within this activity is intended for educational purposes only. Physicians and other health care professionals are encouraged to consult other sources and confirm the information contained in this site. No single reference or service can take the place of medical training, education and experience. This web site does not define a standard of care, nor is it intended to dictate an exclusive course of management. This information should not substitute for a visit or consultation with a health care provider.
Release Date: June 2, 2021
Expiration Date: June 2, 2023
Select the Continue button below to begin. You may return later if you are unable to complete the activity at this time.